Wednesday 9 January 2013

Loughborough Railway Station - Final Outcome

I decided to paint my final piece in acrylics, seeing as that was what I was most comfortable with using. I also wanted to play around with the colours more, which I find more enjoyable to do with paints. I began by creating some simple preliminary studies which would help me decide on the composition as well as the palette which I would be using. I then painted a final piece using the preliminary study I favoured the most.

Some simple preliminary paintings which would help me to decide upon a final composition.

The final outcome.

I'm happier with this piece more than I was with the Abbey park digital painting since it is closer to my personal style of painting. Some of the perspective is off and I would have liked some areas to have been more detailed. However, overall I am pleased with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment